[R] S <-> R

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Wed Aug 25 18:53:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

	With S you probably mean S-PLUS, right? Given that is the case, it
depends on the version of S-PLUS you are using. I had no problems to "dump"
a list and then load it into R as long as I was using S-PLUS 2000. When I
switched to S-PLUS 6, I suddenly could not do that anymore.
	It was possible again to do it when I used the same specification of
dump by setting the argument oldStyle=T
This indicates that (excerpt from ?dump) "
oldStyle
	logical flag; should the file be written in a form that can be read
by earlier versions of S-PLUS? If F, then the file will not be readable by
versions of S-PLUS earlier than 5.0 (Unix) or 6.0 (Windows).
	"

	Hope this gets you going.
	By the way, this has been discussed before on this list. Please
check (could be googled by using the keywords:
	R-project S-PLUS dump; it is actually the first hit):
	http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/01/0650.html (for the
beginning of the thread)
	http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/01/0665.html (for the same
suggestion as given in my message here)

	Roland

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}