[R] License for including datasets in packages

Arne Henningsen ahenningsen at email.uni-kiel.de
Wed Aug 25 19:05:31 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I would like to publish a function for 'heckit' estimations together with two
examples from Greene's and Wooldridge's econometric textbooks.
These examples use the dataset of Mroz (1987) that is also available in John
Fox' "car" package. However, not all variables that are used in my examples
are available in the "car" package. Therefore, I want to put the full Mroz
dataset in my package. This full dataset can be downloaded from some internet
sites (e.g. pages.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/Text/econometricanalysis.htm,
www.stata.com/texts/eacsap/), but I did not find any license information.

Whom do I have to ask wether I am allowed to put these data in a GPLed R
package? (Mr. Mroz, Mr. Greene, STATA, University of Michigan (PSID), . . . )

@John: Do you have any license information on these data?

Thanks,
Arne

--