[R] Plotting groupedData objects

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 26 07:13:05 CEST 2004

I am trying to create a plot similar to Figure 3.2 in Bates and Pinheiro.

I have repeated measurements on about 80 subjects from 2 treatment groups.
I would like to have the panels for the two treatment groups in separate
groups and within those groups have the panels ordered on maximum value
(as is the default).

I am ok with getting plots similar to Figs 3.1 and 3.2, but can't see how
to change the ordering of the panels to what I want.

Here is the definition of my groupedData object

RAWlmeData <- groupedData(RAW~Elapsed|ID,
              data=RAWData,
              labels=list(x="Elapsed time",y="Airways resistance"),
              units=list(x="(hours)",y="cm H20/L/sec"))

I guess I could just plot the two treatment groups separately in turn but
I feel there is something I am missing.

I am using 1.9.1 on Windows XP.

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland	NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics