[R] predict.mvr error message

Stewart T Chang stchang at umich.edu
Thu Aug 26 20:37:46 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I've encountered an error message while using the pls.pcr package
that's left me scratching my head for a couple of hours, and I thought I
might post it here in the hopes that someone else uses this package.
Using a data set of 1350 observations (each observation comprises 180
predictor variables and 1 output variable), I trained a model using
pls.pcr.  (Other details: ncomp=2, method="SIMPLS",validation="none".  I
might also add that each predictor variable has a value of either 0 or 1,
though the output variable is a real number.)
'
When I tried to use this model to make predictions (on 312 sets of 180
predictor variables), I received the following error:

Error in X %*% object$training$B[, , index, drop = TRUE] :
        requires numeric matrix/vector arguments

Normally I'd ask a friend of mine in Biostatistics here to help me out,
but he's currently away!  Have any of you used pls.pcr and gotten this
kind of message?  Thanks!

Stewart