[R] Surprise when mapping matrix to image

Jim Brennan jfbrennan at rogers.com
Fri Aug 27 01:42:35 CEST 2004

I was also surprised by the image orientation this summer and used the
"easy" fix of matrix manipulation. There is however another issue and that
is when you start flipping around the matrix, orders etc. and for the case
you want to have sensibly labeled axes, you may have to use the axis
commands etc. which is also easy, but accumulation of easy fixes can be
tedious so there is perhaps some argument for yet another new documentation
submission. Maybe a method for easily changing the orientation in image
could be added.

Jim