[R] About passing parameter to '.R' script file

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 13:55:05 CEST 2004

There is another solution that the helpers might like to be aware of.
Anything on the command line after --args is ignored but can be retrieved
by commandArgs.  So suppose I have a script

quote.R:
commandArgs()[-(1:3)]
q()

and a batch file quote.bat:
Rterm.exe --slave --args %* < quote.R

Then

[c:/R]% quote.bat foo bar bah
[1] "foo" "bar" "bah"

If people would cooperate (an identical message was sent to R-bugs this
morning, PR#7201), we might feel inclined to add such things to the
documentation.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk