[R] I've forgotten, why is box("") the default?

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Tue Aug 31 15:13:49 CEST 2004

I've searched on CRAN for axes, axis, and other terms
I've already forgotten, without (re)discovering the
reason for S using "non-joining" axes by default, instead
of box("l").

MASS points me towards Cleveland (1993) but I don't
have ready access to this any more. Could someone
give me a one-liner to justify this choice to a sceptic?

It's something to do with not mis-interpreting the axes
intersection as (0,0), isn't it?

TIA,
Simon

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}