[R] I've forgotten, why is box("") the default?

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Tue Aug 31 16:02:13 CEST 2004

Not helped by my typo and being in a rush!

It's true that plot.default and surely many others do a box, since

> par("bty")
[1] "o"

But this isn't what happens if you do things via axis() ...
(see first example in help(axis)).

Anyway, point taken, I couldn't find it because it is NOT what
is recommended!

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}