[R] Creating a factor from a combination of vectors

Yves Brostaux brostaux.y at fsagx.ac.be
Wed Dec 1 09:11:57 CET 2004

Thank you Richard, but I dismissed the 'ifelse' solution because it
needs explicit manual definition of the factor levels and corresponding
vectors' combinations and does not define it automaticaly  from the
'cas' data-frame (from which values, number of levels and rownames can
vary).

Eric Lecoutre's code does exactly what I want, many thanks to both of you.

--
Ir. Yves BROSTAUX
Unité de Statistique et Informatique
Email: brostaux.y at fsagx.ac.be