[R] Re: request for help on statistical applications in pharma

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 14:29:58 CET 2004

Hi Krishna,

I don't have direct exeperience in using statistics in
pharma industry, but I know that some notes (in
Italian) of prof. Soliani are used in courses taken
for Italian Pharma Industries. You can find that at
this address:

http://www.dsa.unipr.it/soliani/soliani.html

I try to translate you the main issues treated:

statistical distributions, probability, frequencies,
descriptive statistics, parametric and non-parametric
hypothesis testing for 1, 2 or more samples, analysis
of variance, linear models, correlation, contingency
tables.

I hope I give you a little help.

Best
Vito

you wrote:

Hi all there

Can some one who have experience and knowledge in the
pharma industry give me broad details on the subject
"Statistical applications for pharma industry". I am
new to the subject i.e. what kind of statistical tools
used being unique /or atleast specific for pharma
industry.

It will be of great help as i am actively looking into
the subject. though i am quite familiar with
statistical analysis still now my focus was on time
series analysis.

thanks for the attention

krishna

=====
Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palese/