[R] 2.0.1 compilation problem on Fedora Core 2

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Wed Dec 1 16:42:28 CET 2004

I have a compilation problem on FC2, 2xXeon box.

The following dialogue output from the end of the compilation illustrates:

[very large snipping sound ...]
* DONE (cluster)
begin installing recommended package foreign
make[2]: *** [foreign.ts] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/R-2.0.1/src/library/Recommended'
make[1]: *** [recommended-packages] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/R-2.0.1/src/library/Recommended'
make: *** [stamp-recommended] Error 2

There are no error messages in the configuration step - it only says I
can't prepare DVI or PDF versions of the manual.  Fair enough - info will
do quite nicely.

It seems there is a problem trying to install package 'foreign' and
perhaps this leads to the other two errors.

The compiler suite is 3.3.3-7.

I have the full config.out and error.out files stored for inspection if
required.  Nothing appears to be installed.

Any clues?

TIA

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com