[R] A possible way to reduce basic questions

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 2 00:58:44 CET 2004

On 12/03/04 20:48, Jim Lemon wrote:
>I think this program or something similar could produce a regularly updated
>list of functions available on CRAN, and that list would be easy enough to
>search to encourage anyone who was looking for a function to try it.

My search site (below) also allows searching functions.  The
problem I often find is that the terms used in the query are not
in the help files for the functions, or even in the r-help
discussion of them.  I think there is no solution to this
problem, unless someone wants to write a program that translates
(e.g.) from economics-English to psychology-English and both to
statistics-English.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R search page: http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/