[R] 2.0.1 compilation problem on Fedora Core 2

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Thu Dec 2 09:40:08 CET 2004

Thanks to Brian this was solved immediately without rebooting.

The reason for /tmp being (rw,noexec,nosuid) was to avoid executing and
suiding.  This is probably more important in a networked environment which
the machine is not really in at the moment.  I may well change it as it
has already caused two problems!  On the other hand other programs have
installed without a problem. Maybe there is a case for a tmp directory
being set up in the source tree, then there will be no problem.

JOhn

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com