[R] Final comment from a newbie

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 10:17:29 CET 2004

> Made me decide not to post my hopelessly amateur question on getting
> R to remember my proxy settings between sessions...

On Linux/unix or Windows or something else?

On linux/unix, set the environment variable http_proxy *and* UNSET the environment variable no_proxy, if it exists.
On Windows, start R with the option --internet2 will pick up the proxy information from Internet explorer.

Mick

P.s. the best way to learn R is not from a book IMHO; sit down, just you, your PC and R, and sweat it out :-) Trust me, it's worth it!