[R] A somewhat off the line question to a log normal distribution

Kahra Hannu kahra at mpsgr.it
Thu Dec 2 11:14:30 CET 2004

Sigfried,

I am not a statistician, but I have learned that according to the Central Limit Theorem (CLT) sums of random variables, regardless of their form, will tend to be normally distributed. CLT does not require the variables in the sum to come from the same underlying distribution.

Ciao,

Hannu Kahra
Progetti Speciali
Monte Paschi Asset Management SGR S.p.A.
Via San Vittore, 37
IT-20123 Milano, Italia

Tel.: +39 02 43828 754
Mobile: +39 333 876 1558