[R] core dump during make check when building 64-bit R on Solaris8/9

CHAN Chee Seng chancs at gis.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Dec 3 04:38:59 CET 2004

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.  As mentioned in first mail I am using Sun
Studio 8, which is giving me the problem.  I am glad that there are
people who got this to work.  However SS8 is all I have right now and
since there is a problem I would like to get this fixed somehow.

And Peter,

Yes, that's looks like the problem that I am facing (SEGV and the stack
trace).
My cc -V looks like this:

cc: Sun C 5.5 2003/03/12

I am using /opt/SUNWspro/lib/v9/libsunperf.so.4.  And I am not aware of
the difference between v9, v9a and v9b.

Can you write/send me the standalone program to show the problem so I
can send to some Sun people that I know?

BTW, how did you run R under dbx?  (Sorry but I am not familiar with
using dbx.)  I get this error:

Fatal error: R home directory is not defined

Thanks.

Regards,
Chee Seng