[R] vector to matrix transformation

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sat Dec 4 04:12:51 CET 2004

If v is a vector, as.matrix(v) and t(v) give row and column
matrices and matrix(v,nrow=nr, ncol=nc) gives a matrix with
nr rows and nc columns such that the vector fills the first
column, then the second, etc.  You only have to provide nr
or nc in most cases.

If m is a matrix c(m) is a vector formed by stringing out
the columns one after another.  as.vector is similar.