[R] Excel *.xls files, RODBC

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Sat Dec 4 16:10:01 CET 2004

   The following works for me under WinXP Pro to create "myframe" as a
data frame:

library(RODBC)
z <- odbcConnectExcel("c:/myfolder/mydata.xls")
myframe <- sqlFetch(z, "Sheet1")
close(z)

   Are you indicating the name of the worksheet you want within the
*.xls file?  I suspect there could be additional issues on a non-Windows
OS that I don't know about.

hope this helps,

Chuck Cleland

--