[R] Which FM should beginners R? A suggestion.

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Dec 6 03:23:34 CET 2004

We've recently had a thread on beginners and FAQs and the like.
I decided that it might be a good idea to offer a short list of
on-line help pages that beginners should read.  Goals:
 - the list short be short (I think mine is too long)
 - many of the commonest questions should find answers there (fairish)
 - I should have found the pages helpful myself (no question about that)
 - it's a beginning R topic list, not a beginning statistics topic list
You can find my first draft at

    http://www.cs.otago.ac.nz/staffpriv/ok/R-help.txt

I think something _like_ this would be a genuinely useful addition to the
R documentation.  If people send me suggestions for additions, removals,
restructuring, &c, I will try to collate them and improve this.