[R] Gam() function in R

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Dec 6 05:33:44 CET 2004

Unfortunately that's not really an R question.  I recommend that you read up
on the statistical methods underneath.  One that I'd wholeheartedly
recommend is Prof. Harrell's `Regression Modeling Strategies'.

[BTW, there are now two implementations of gam() in R: one in `mgcv', which
is fairly different from that in  `gam'.  I'm guessing you're referring to
the one in `gam', but please remember to state which contributed package
you're using, along with version of R and OS.]

Cheers,
Andy