[R] core dump during make check when building 64-bit R on Solaris8/9

CHAN Chee Seng chancs at gis.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Dec 6 06:19:53 CET 2004

Again, thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

At this point, I guess the only fix is NOT to use libsunperf from sun
studio 8.  If anyone really wants to use libsunperf, use sun one studio
7 or 9's instead.

I will also try and send a bug report to the sun folks (in case there
are people like me who are still stuck with Sun Studio 8 and would like
to update their buggy libsunperf), and post any findings back here.

Regards,
Chee Seng