[R] barplot() options for intervals on axes

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Mon Dec 6 15:37:51 CET 2004

   Did you see the lab argument to par()?

'lab' A numerical vector of the form 'c(x, y, len)' which modifies
           the way that axes are annotated.  The values of 'x' and 'y'
           give the (approximate) number of tickmarks on the x and y
           axes and 'len' specifies the label size.  The default is
           'c(5, 5, 7)'. _Currently_, 'len' _is unimplemented_.

   You might want something like this:

par(lab=c(5,10,7))
barplot(runif(10))

--