[R] How to change x axes' range

Qin Liu q.liu at unn.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 11:36:48 CET 2004

Hi, there:

When plot ann predicted results I need to indicate numbers of inputs for
each column.

        V1       V2         V3          V4
1  86.2700  49.9380  30.7630  0.1327
2  89.5127  55.9707  33.7683  0.1186
3  91.1833  58.4670  34.5610  0.1134

matplot(t, pch = 1:4, type = "o", col = rainbow(ncol(t)),xlab = "No. of
inputs ",  ylab = "Mean of 6 Datasets", main = "xxxxxxxxxxx")

Instead of have typical x axes' range as "1, 2, 3, and 4" for each column, I
need to indicate "11 Vars, 10 Vars, 6Vars, and 4Vars" or "A, B, C, and D"

Does anybody know anything about it? I appreciate if you could help me out.

Thank you very much indeed.

Qin