[R] mailing list time out ended now ...

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 8 12:01:34 CET 2004

I hope you've all enjoyed the timeout and grabbed the chance to
be really productive instead of reading e-mails...  :-)

No, seriously, I do apologize very much for the practical
non-functioning of our mailing lists for about the last 17 hours
or so.  It was caused by an embarassingly simple mistake I
myself have introduced in one of our filters.  Unfortunately,
the consequence of the mistake had been very untypical and I
hadn't been alerted as in other cases
(and I *have* been productive doing other things...).

Many of the mails that you've posted during these hours are not
easy (if at all possible) to put back into the queue, so I do
ask all posters to repost their message if they haven't seen it
on R-help and it was posted approximately between
Dec.7, 17am GMT and today
Dec.8, 10am GMT.
--
The fact that this could happen without anyone sending an e-mail to
me privately (well, I got one to r-help-owner) seems to indicate that the

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich