[R] How can I estimate parameters of probability distributions?

Wuming Gong gongwuming at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:04:14 CET 2004

Hi list,

I have a group of data. It looks like they follow a exponential
distribution. In R, how can I esimate lamda, that is the rate in pexp,
of the distribution and can I use Kolmogorov-Smirnov for hypothesis
testing in such a situation? I have read the "8.2 Examing the
distribution of a set of data" of "An Introduction to R" but I did not
find any clues on this issue.  (The data is in the attachment).

Thanks

Wuming