[R] Create a plot legend in a new window

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 10:32:54 CET 2004

Just for the records (and if anyone ever wants to find the "solution"),
I solved my own problem (well sort of) through imaginative use of the
barplot command:

barplot(rep(1,4),horiz=TRUE,names.arg=rev(c("this","is","my","legend")),
col=rev(rainbow(4)), axes=FALSE,las=2)

Produces a very nice, re-sizeable legend in a new window :-D

Mick