[R] finding the most frequent row

bogdan romocea br44114 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 14:53:36 CET 2004

Here's something that works. I'm sure there are better solutions (in
particular the paste part - I couldn't figure out how to avoid typing
a[i,1], ..., a[i,10]).

a <- matrix(nrow=1000,ncol=10)
for (i in 1:1000)
	for (j in 1:10)
		a[i,j] <- sample(1:0,1)

b <- vector(mode="character")
for (i in 1:1000)
	b[i] <- paste(a[i,1],a[i,2],a[i,3],a[i,4],a[i,5],
		a[i,6],a[i,7],a[i,8],a[i,9],a[i,10],sep="")

#the most frequent row
table(b)[table(b) == max(table(b))]

HTH,
b.