[R] firefox and R 201

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Dec 12 21:38:57 CET 2004

neo27 at t-online.de (Mark Hempelmann) writes:

> please help.
>
> why is it that i cannot open html help pages out of the R menu? here
> is what I do: using browser firefox1.0 (open source!), java plugin jre
> 150 installed, supposedly working properly. opening R201patched, html
> help, link:search engine and keywords: works properly, jre symbol
> appears. clicking on any link (keywords on that page): no reaction
> whatsoever. what am i doing wrong?
>
> closing and reopening firefox won't help, since the browser then asks
> me to create a new profile. maybe, firefox and R (interacting with
> java) are conflicting? i couldn't find any help entry, so i am sorry
> if this problem was addressed earlier.

Works for me on Linux (Fedora Core 3), but another old issue is there:
Links that disappear when returning to the search page, and the search
page is not responding to pgUp/pgDown keys until after the links have
become defunct. Presumably, this means that we can add 1.4.2_06 to the
list of java versions that don't work. (and apparently, no yum
repository is carrying 1.5.0 yet, and I'm not going to mess with other
forms of installs if I can help it).

Did you check out the Windows section on
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html ? (Not that you
actually told us which OS you are running...)