[R] R 2.0.1 and RODBC install problem

doktora v doktora at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:22:10 CET 2004

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
As I believe I had done my effort to find the answer prior to posting,
and had a driver manager installed (unixODBC 2.2.8) and the database
odbc drivers (psqlodbc 7.2.4).

However, it might suffice to notice, for future reference (shall
anyone encounter this problem), that the odbc driver manager needs to
be installed with its development module.
Mine wasn't and, consequently, didn't have the header files (sql.h and
sqlext.h) installed.

-- dok