[R] Best datatype for time-series with irregular ocurrencies

jmoreira@fe.up.pt jmoreira at fe.up.pt
Wed Dec 15 11:35:44 CET 2004

Hello,

Does someone has experience working with time-series where the ocurrencies do
not happen at regular time spaces? In one day I can have 20 ocurrencies and in
the following day I can have the double. ts datatype must have regular time
spaces. What is the best way to put the data if I want to use forecasting
methods as Holt-Winters, NN or SVM? To put data and time in different
variables? If in one variable it would be of Date datatype?

Thank you for any help.

Joao