[R] ERROR: installing package indices failed

Sigal Blay sblay at sfu.ca
Wed Dec 15 19:57:08 CET 2004

Turns out that this problem is a propagation of a bug from a
Depends package - gdata doesn't import stats in its NAMESPACE
file, although it makes use of objects defined in stats like
reorder and na.omit.

I'm curious as to the reason why 'R CMD check' did not detect
this at the source package, and instead did not pass my new
package. Something for you mighty R developers to consider?

Thanks,
Sigal Blay