[R] 3 questions

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Thu Dec 16 12:33:31 CET 2004

Please learn to wrap your emails at about 72 characters.

See below for other comments.

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 08:29, vasilis pappas wrote:
> Hello R users,
>
>    I have three questions and I would be grateful if someone could give me an answer to each of these.
>
> 1) I have constracted a function that returns an output, which runs in a while( condition ){ run function } loop. I would like to know if there is a way to get the outputs in different windows, every time the function runs, so as to compare easier the results.

This depends on what you mean by 'output'. If you mean graphs, then you
can use x11() if you have X Window systems or windows() if you are  in
Windows OS.

 windows()
 plot(1:10)
 windows()
 plot(rnorm(1000))

Or you could use the mfrow option in par() to split the plotting window

 par(mfrow=c(1,2)
 plot(1:10)
 plot(rnorm(1000))

If your output is not graphical, then you can save to a file and compare
them or save it to a list/matrix in R.

> 2) In my function I make use of the Rcmdr package. But every time I use my  function and the Rcmdr package loads, I get the R-commander window and I have to delete it every time. So I wonder if there is a way to avoid R-commander window every time I load the Rcmdr package.
>
> 3) My final question is if there is a function in R that computes the Mallow's Cp statistic. I have already found AIC and BIC but not Mallow's Cp. Furthermore I found leaps() function but it is not exactly what I want.

There is a function called mle.cp in the package wle. Not sure if this
does what you want.