[R] RE: How about a mascot for R?

Andrew Ward Andrew.Ward at qsa.qld.edu.au
Fri Dec 17 03:32:56 CET 2004

Apologies for adding to this discussion so late.

When the idea of a mascot was first raised, I
recalled how in describing (and spelling) R to
people in seminars, etc I would sometimes say,
in my best pirate voice, "That's R, as in ARRRRRR!".

The connection to something or someone criminal
is perhaps not desirable, but I'm sure that there
is someone in the R community who could be a model
for the logo (long beard certainly, eye-patch or
wooden leg even better). And then clicking on the
logo would play the accompanying sound. I think
this has plenty of appeal.

;-)

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward,
Senior Analyst (Quantitative), Tel: +61 7 3864 0439
Queensland Studies Authority,  Fax: +61 7 3229 3318
295 Ann Street,
Brisbane Qld 4000, Australia
This email (including any attached files) is for the intended
recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please,
as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the Queensland Studies Authority. All reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent.