[R] PBIB datataset

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Sun Dec 19 22:16:05 CET 2004

Thanks, Austin, I think that probably clears it up (see below).

On 19-Dec-04 Austin, Matt wrote:
> Is it the PBIB dataset in the SASmixed package?  I don't have
> my copy of the text at home.
>
> --Matt
>
>> library(SASmixed)
>
> Attaching package 'lme4':
>
>         The following object(s) are masked from package:nlme :
>
>          Alfalfa Assay bdf BodyWeight Cefamandole Dialyzer
> Earthquake ergoStool Fatigue Gasoline getCovariateFormula
> getResponseFormula Glucose Glucose2 Gun IGF lmeControl Machines
> MathAchieve MathAchSchool Meat Milk Muscle Nitrendipene Oats
> Orthodont Ovary Oxboys Oxide PBG Phenobarb Pixel Quinidine Rail
> RatPupWeight Relaxin Remifentanil Soybean Spruce Tetracycline1
> Tetracycline2 Wafer Wheat Wheat2

The dataset names in the above masked objects are the entire
list of datasets in P&B except for CO2, ChickWeight, DNase,
Indometh, Loblolly, Orange and Theoph, and also PBIB. All of
these except PBIB can be found elsewhere, but (as you show
below) PBIB can be found in SASmixed and so completes the party.

However, SASmixed itself cannot be found the the R Full Reference
Manual (of 25 Nov 2004) either ... the dates on the current
versions of lme3 and SASmixed are 2004-12-16 and 2004-12-15
respectively. Now that I try it (today), the "R Site Search" of
Jonathan Baron does bring it up.

Thanks for helping to clarify this!
Ted.

> Warning message:
> package 'SASmixed' was built under R version 2.0.1
>> data(PBIB)
>> PBIB
>    response Treatment Block
> 1       2.4        15     1
> 2       2.5         9     1
> 3       2.6         1     1
> 4       2.0        13     1
> 5       2.7         5     2

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861  [NB: New number!]
Date: 19-Dec-04                                       Time: 21:16:05