[R] Re: main() in libR? only in 1.9

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Dec 20 01:43:09 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 12:05, Ross Boylan wrote:
> libR seems to include a main() function.  Should it?
I think I've tracked this down, and it seems to be specific to R 1.9.
The 2.0 libR does not include main.

I believe main is present in 1.9 because the link line for libR includes
a reference to "../unix/*.lo".  One of those file is the object for
system.c, which includes main.

On reviewing "Writing R Extensions" for 1.9.1, I note there is no
reference in it to an independent programming calling libR.

I saw this with 1.9.1 on Debian and Mac OS X.