[R] Producing "Editable" Graphs for PowerPoint

Paul Hewson paul.hewson at plymouth.ac.uk
Mon Dec 20 12:17:31 CET 2004

Hello,

(apologies, I'm not entirely sure whether this question is about R or my
limitations with PowerPoint).   I've submitted a paper (which has been
accepted) but the journal now require me to submit graphs that are
"editable in PowerPoint".   I would be grateful for suggestions as to
how I should do this.

The best route seems to be to copy-and-paste the figures from the
windows() device as a metafile.   However, on converting the graphs to
an editable format and "ungrouping" them, it appears that every line,
tickmark, dot and dash is treated as a separate entity by PowerPoint
(for example even the horizontal and vertical parts of "+" are
separated).   Alternatively, reading in the files from a saved metafile
is even more problematic: having used par(new = TRUE) I have a set of
layered graphs and all but the last one dissapear once I open the
graphic for editing.

Is this normal for a figure "editable by PowerPoint" or am I doing
something horribly wrong somewhere?

Many thanks

Paul

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=