[R] (no subject)

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Dec 22 02:02:34 CET 2004

What you've shown us looks inconsistent:  The data frame you show has
variables X1 through X5 and `class'.  If this is a data frame named `data',
why do you call tree() with the formula V1 ~ X1?  Where is V1?

`data' is the name of a built-in R function.  Try using some other name for
the data frame.  Also, give us the output of traceback() after the error
occur.  That should help.

Andy