[R] how to fit in R

Angela Re angelare at to.infn.it
Wed Dec 22 15:12:48 CET 2004

Good morning,
in my work I need to study data distributions and so I  need to fit the
experimental distribution by theoretical curves such as normal, Poison,
binomial and so on.  I'd like to know, given a vector of data, for example

x<-rnorm (1000, 10)

if they follow a normal distribution. I'd like to do a fit (to estimate
the parameters of the theoretical distribution) and then a goodness test.
Can you suggest me any R package or manuals about this issue? The
documentation on the R-guide isn't sufficient to me.
Thank you of your help, Angela