[R] .install_package_description error

Cary Miller Cary.Miller at uchsc.edu
Wed Dec 29 01:54:02 CET 2004

Hi R,
  Apologies for the earlier non-informative error message.  I am
installing R 2.0.1 from source on a Linux debian system.  Configure works
fine.  Then I run make and get an error that was reported by several
people when installing R 2.0.0.  Here is the error message

> Warning message:
> package seems to be using lazy loading already in:
> makeLazyLoading("tools")
> Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable
> ".install_package_description" was not found
> Execution halted

In October this same error message appeared in several messages and was
apparently fixed by a change in src/library/tools/R/admin.R to the 'Built'
function.  The 2.0.1 version appears to contain those changes.  Am I
missing something?

  --Thanks

//=\ Cary Miller
\=// Center for Computational Pharmacology
//=\ University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
\=// http://compbio.uchsc.edu/Hunter_lab/Miller
//=\ (303) 724-0263