[R] Latin 2 encoding + fonts

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Feb 6 09:58:56 CET 2004

Hallo

On 4 Feb 2004 at 12:41, Miha STAUT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the FAQ I read about options to specify different fonts than the
> default ones for the console (in the file Rprofile) and for the
> graphical output (Rdevga). I would however like to replace Latin 1
> with Latin 2 enconding for both (console and graphical) output in
> Windows and just graphical output in Linux.

I asked a question about enconding few weeks ago and I have got
a hint from Prof.Ripley which led me to check files Rdevga and
Rconsole in directory etc and experiment with font names
specified there.

I must say that it is also a system version specific issue as W98
requires other fonts then WNT.

Cheers
Petr