[R] Any help

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Feb 6 15:47:38 CET 2004

      It looks like "nls" may have tested something like q = 0, for
which IFOXM is (-Inf), provided the other numbers are sensible.

      With problems like this, before I invoke "nls", I study the
formula and evaluate it with all the different combinations of arguments
that might produce NA or Inf.  If I find a value unacceptable to "nls",
I change the parameterization to eliminate it.  For example, if r, q and
K must be positive, then I replace them with log.r, log.q, and log.K.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves