[R] Incomplete Factorial design

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Fri Feb 6 16:09:21 CET 2004

One could also fit

fit <- lm(y~A*B - 1, data.frame(y=..., A=..., B=..,)

which will give a direct a:b term (as the negative of the
intercept in Spenser's formulation). Arguably this is more
natural in a setting where there is no placebo so that
an intercept term has a less obvious interpretation.

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}