[R] nnet problem

Pedro Rodrigues prodrigues at dcc.fc.up.pt
Fri Feb 6 18:36:10 CET 2004

I believe you want to fit a nnet model to predict numeric data.

you can try as follows:

xx <- "Matrix of size INPUTS*EXAMPLESTRAIN"
yy <- "Vector of size EXAMPLESTRAIN"
x1 <- "Matrix of size INPUTS*EXAMPLESTEST"

# fit your model like this
nnetmodel <- nnet(x=xx, y=yy, ....)
# or like this only if dealing with a data.frame
nnetmodel <- nnet(outname ~ in1name + ... inNname, ....)

# here numdata will become a vector of size EXAMPLESTEST.
numdata <- predict(nnetmodel, x1)

Best Regards

Pedro