[R] citing a package?

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at est.ufpr.br
Mon Feb 9 15:59:47 CET 2004

Hi
As far I'm concern the package author should tell you that.
Some packages have an article about them in the R-NEWS and this is a
possible way to cite them.
Otherwise we are left with the reference to the contributed packages
session of the CRAN web-site.

R has the citation() function and inspired by this
we create the functions cite.geoR() and cite.geoRglm() the packages geoR
and geoRglm.

Would it be an idea having some global standard, including this a a
requirement for the packages (?)

P.J.

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Martin Henry H. Stevens wrote:

> How do I cite a package (not R itself - I know how to do that)? Any
> thoughts or links?
> Many thanks in advance?
> Hank Stevens
>
> Dr. Martin Henry H. Stevens, Assistant Professor
> 338 Pearson Hall
> Botany Department
> Miami University
> Oxford, OH 45056