[R] Dotplot: y-labels from rownames

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 10 21:49:08 CET 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 11:55, TyagiAnupam at aol.com wrote:
> How can I use row.names() as y-labels in Dotplot? How to set horizontal
> orientation for y-lables in lattice()?
>
> Dotplot(stcod1 ~ Cbind(statgh2,statgh2-1.96*segh2,statgh2+1.96*segh2)[og],
> subset=statgh2[og]>0.1, data=h2inqerrg02st, xlab="G",
> ylab=row.names(h2inqerrg02st)[og], main="")
>
> I have tried doing it with mtext() as well, but there is not enough space
> besides
> y-axis.

Your terminology is unclear. In particular, your attempted usage of xlab and
ylab look inconsistent.

Before trying to use non-default features of lattice, please read
help("Lattice") and help("dotplot"). In particular the section on 'scales' in
the latter should answer some of your questions.

Deepayan