[R] large fonts on plots

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Feb 11 15:20:10 CET 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:30:22 +0100, Piet van Remortel
<pvremort at vub.ac.be> wrote :

>Hi all,
>
>I need to enlarge te fonts used oo R-plots (plots, histograms, ...) in
>labels and titles etc.
>
>I seem to be unable to figure out how to do it.    The problem is that the
>titles of the plots are simply unreadable when I insert them into my LaTeX
>text, since they are relatively small compared to the entire plot.
>
>I am sure it is pretty simple, can anybody give me a hint ?
>
>Please reply to:  pvremortNOSPAM at vub.ac.be

You probably want to use the cex arguments, e.g.

plot(rnorm(10),rnorm(10), cex.axis=1.5, cex.lab=1.5, cex=1.5)

You might need to make the figure margins bigger to have space for the
big labels.

?par documents all of these options (except cex, which is documented
in ?plot.default, I think).

Duncan Murdoch