[R] Windows dll compilation (mingw32): how to find R.h and other head er files when sketching short functions

Paul Hewson PHewson at devon.gov.uk
Fri Feb 13 13:37:33 CET 2004

Sorry, this seems like a particularly stupid question, but here goes.   It
relates to some "sketching" work I'm doing under Windoze.

I can only get my C code to find R.h and friends if I shift these header
files files and folders into the analogous mingw32 folders.   This seems a
rather clumsy way of doing things, and I wondered what I've missed?   (I'm
using the gcc -02 etc. commands as per Venables and Ripley's S Programming -
which works fine.   However, having a duplicate set of header files doesn't
seem too elegant)

I have no problem compiling (other peoples) packages from source, but my own
code isn't quite ready to be packaged yet.

Thanks for any pointers.

Paul

Paul Hewson     tel. (01392) 382773
Data Analyst and Research Officer

Road Safety Team, Environment Directorate,
Devon County Council,
1st Floor, Lucombe House,
County Hall
Topsham Road