[R] Problems getting R to work from Java under Windows

Danny Rosenthal Danny at intelligent-results.com
Sat Feb 14 00:48:48 CET 2004

Hi:

I have been trying to get R to work from Java in a Windows XP
environment.  I have spent a significant amount of time looking at how
other people resolved my issue but have not found anything so far.

Specifically when I try to start up the interpreter, such as through the
JavaRCall example, I get the following message:

        Fatal error: unable to open the base package.

I have checked everything I can think of.  I have all the environment
variables, including R_HOME, set up, and I have all the classpath
information included.  I looked at all the file permissions, and they
are all set for full access.

I have tried this with build 1081 and 1071, and I get the same results.

Any ideas?

Danny Rosenthal