[R] How to write efficient R code

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang k.wang at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 17 20:24:20 CET 2004

One way to make your codes more efficient is to use "vectorisation" --
vectorise your codes.  I'm not sure where you can find more
information about it, but an example would be to use the apply()
function on a data frame instead using a loop.  Avoid loops if you
can.

Kevin

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang, MSc(Hon)
SLC Stats Workshops Co-ordinator