[R] persp and lines()

Jeff Jorgensen jcjorgensen at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 18 16:10:27 CET 2004

Tom,

Thanks for the nudge to reexamine the instructions.  I wasn't calling the
right object with "pmat".  I first had to create a perspective plot object
which creates the plot, and then call *that* object for "pmat", not the
matrix I used to create the plot in the first place:

surface<-persp(x=..., y=..., z=perspmatrix, ....)

## function needed to add things to persp, found in the ?persp help menu ##
trans3d <- function(x,y,z, pmat) {
        tr <- cbind(x,y,z,1) %*% pmat
        list(x = tr[,1]/tr[,4], y= tr[,2]/tr[,4])
      }

lines(trans3d(x=..., y=..., z=..., pmat=surface), ...)